Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Beginning

    I started writing poetry in my early teen years to write about boys and about things that were bothering me. Until a few years ago I pretty much only wrote when I was upset and could find no other release. I wasn't very impressed with my poetic efforts at that time. I hit a patch in my life with plenty of darkness to inspire me to write and this rash of creativity motivated me to try to do more. I began to stretch myself, to learn more about poetry on a more serious level and even to attempt happier subject matter. Some of my poems were deeply moving to me and I felt that others would probably feel the same way so I decided to share them. Perhaps other people who feel the same can find out that they are not alone, as that is a feeling that has haunted me all of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment